Thursday, October 29, 2009

Of Frogs and Lizards


I finally snapped a picture of the wood lizards that love to 'sun' themselves on my porch. I thought I'd post a link about to some wonderful site about them, but I really couldn't find anything. Maybe these little fellows aren't supposed to be in Tennessee!
Maybe I'll start a new blog - Things that live on my porch! Here's another tree frog. This one was on the storm door, so I was able to take a picture from both sides. He looks big in the picture, but this frog is actually only about an inch long.


The other evening, I passed by the window and my yard was full of wild turkeys. I grabbed my camera, but by the time I was ready to take a picture something spooked them. And, I was too spooked by giant turkeys in flight to snap a picture! Sounds like a fishing tale...you should have seen the one that got away....Speaking of fish...can you spot them in this photo?

Don't you just love turtles!

I wish this majestic bald eagle had turned and taken a pose for the camera. I would have loved to see him in flight.

Take time today to notice the wildlife around you, no matter how big or small!

2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great pictures, Marge... My deck is full of birds---and last night, we had a Raccoon on it--trying to eat the bird food. We have also had skunks on the deck. Guess I could start a blog about critters on my deck also!!!! ha

Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Love the photos and you have a wonderful blog!