Friday, June 17, 2011

Don't you work here?

I think that I wear 'normal' clothes. But, I cannot count the times that I have been in a store and another customer asked me for help thinking that I worked there. One time, a lady became down right upset with me when I didn't know where the product she was looking for was located. She actually said "Well, don't you work here?". She was shocked and a little embarrassed when I said no. I spent a few hours wandering the hospital while a family member was in surgery several years ago. I guess my mauve top looked a little too much like nursing scrubs. Everyone was asking for directions! I learned a lesson that day to be careful of what I wore when going anywhere near the hospital.
.
Maybe it's the Christmas in July sales that usually come around every summer. Or, it could just be that with the end of June, half the year is gone already. Where does the time go?
These days, with cool websites like http://www.blueskyscrubs.com/categories/Scrubs/Scrubs-for-Women/ shopping for uniforms was never easier. And, it's never too early to start thinking about Christmas! What are you giving your favorite medical worker this year?

1 comment:

Sunflower Sue said...

I think you get asked so often because you have a gentle look.

I would love to work out there with the deer (at least until the temps hit the 80's)